Microfilm into Digitial Conversion Services Reno Nevada
We provide microfilm digital conversion services for Microfilm, Microfiche, and Aperture Cards. We have been offering microfilm services in Reno Nevada since 1998. Because we do not outsource microfilm scanning to outside contractors, we can provide you with a guarantee that your microfilm scanning project will have a consistently successful outcome.
Although microfilm is a reliable storage media, it does deteriorate with time. Furthermore, you would require a microfilm scanner, software, computer, and monitor to find the information you want. The whole process is slow and somewhat tedious. A better way would be to scan your microfilm into PDF, TIFF, or JPEG.
Currently, most of our customers want their scanned images in PDF since PDF is the most common digital image format. Almost anyone with a computer can access their images quickly and efficiently.
One of the significant advantages of having your microfilm scanned is that you do not have to purchase and maintain a microfilm scanner on-premises. It is a tedious and slow process to retrieve information from microfilm. You also have the storage issues of keeping microfilm in your offices, thus taking premium office space. Our work environment has drastically changed due to Covid-19. Employees are working from home, and yet they may need information.
They cannot access data from microfilm while working remotely. Having your microfilm converted into digital format and keeping it on the company server would make the information accessible to remote workers. Your organization will become more efficient and productive.
Why you should consider getting your microfilm scanned instead of keeping microfilm on premises.
- Microfilm deteriorates with the passage of time. Eventually you will not be able to view the images. They are unlike paper records.
- Cost of keeping a microfilm scanner, maintenance, service and software updates adds up significantly.
- Storage of microfilm and taking up valuable office space.
- It is a tedious and time-consuming process of taking the actual roll of film out of storage cabinet, loading the film in the scanner and getting the image you need. It is a trial-and-error process.
- Since it is not an easy retrieval process. Most customers have a dedicated employee they go to get the information from microfilm.
- Remote users cannot get the information from microfilm. They have to contact the dedicated person at the office location who knows how to use the microfilm scanner and the software.
- Scanning of microfilm into pdf is a onetime event.
- Once your microfilm is scanned and indexed, digital images are easily accessible from network or desktop.
- You will save invaluable time and money going forward.
- Most organizations have already made the transition from microfilm to digital several years ago. Why are you still using last century’s information retrieval method?
- We make the whole process very convenient for you, if you need microfilm images during this conversion process. We will provide you digital images.
- Evrex will provide you free samples of scanned images of your microfilm for demo purposes.
- Please contact us so we can show you how affordable is the whole process.
We are here to help you. If you are thinking of having your microfilm scanned. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free evaluation of your conversion project.
All Microfilm Scanning Services are done locally. We do not send our work overseas.